U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS – In response to the resurgence of COVID-19 cases in the Territory and in keeping with Governor Albert Bryan Jr.’s executive order moving the USVI back to “Stay at Home” status, Government of the Virgin Island agencies are adjusting their operations.
Currently, departments and agencies modifying the operations include:
Bureau of Internal Revenue
Bureau of Internal Revenue offices on St. Croix, St. Thomas and St. John continue to be open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
Cashiers are open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mondays-Fridays.
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Bureau of Motor Vehicle offices will be closed until August 28.
The bureau will waive inspections for any customers who renew their registration online. For assistance setting up an account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMV customer service representatives will contact residents who dropped off documents prior to the bureau’s closure.
All road tests and written tests for learner’s permits are cancelled until further notice.
All drivers license and ID card services are cancelled, and the BMV will reschedule each appointment when it reopens.
All drivers licenses and ID cards that expire as of May 1, 2020, will be extended for six months from the expiration date.
For more information, contact the BMV at 340-713-4268 on St. Croix, 340-774-4268 on St. Thomas or 340-776-6262 on St. John.
Department of Education
The Education Department has suspended all in-person interactions with the public in its state and district offices on St. Thomas and St. Croix.
For questions about public school registration, contact the St. Croix District at email@example.com or the St. Thomas-St. John District at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.vide.vi “For Families” section to complete the pre-registration form online and obtain and submit the required health clearances.
For general questions, contact the main offices at 340-774-0100 on St. Thomas or 340-773-1095 on St. Croix or send an email to email@example.com.
Department of Finance
All business with the Department of Finance should be conducted electronically whenever possible. A customer drop box is available at both offices – at the Security station on St. Thomas and at the west window before the main entrance on St. Croix.
Any in-person customer transaction will be conducted via the walk-up window from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays.
Government Insurance Fund Workers’ Compensation Insurance
All public and private entities should use the forms located of the Department of Finance website at dof.vi.gov/forms-and-policies/government-insurance and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application is received the department will contact you.
W2 and 1099 forms
GVI employees should use the Employee Self Service for copies of W2s and paycheck stubs by logging on to usvi.munisselfservice.com. For ESS password resets, send an email to email@example.com or call 340-714-5049.
Inquiries for W2s can be directed to the Payroll Division: firstname.lastname@example.org or 340-774-4750 ext. 2252.
Inquiries for 1099s can be directed to the Accounting Division: email@example.com or 340-774-4750 ext. 2262.
Vendor check inquiries can be directed to the Treasury Division: firstname.lastname@example.org or 340-774-4750 ext. 2192
Payroll check inquiries can be directed to the Payroll Division: email@example.com or 340-774-4750 ext. 2252.
For more information and Department of Finance forms, go to www.dof.vi.gov.
Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs
DLCA will have cashier services available only to businesses that cannot pay by credit card online.
Tuesdays and Thursdays cashier hours are:
- St. Croix: 9 a.m. to noon
- St. Thomas: 9 a.m. to noon
- St. John: call 340-474-2800 to schedule payment
Walk-ins to speak to a DLCA representative are currently suspended.
To file a complaint or to renew or apply for a new business license, use the department’s website at www.dlca.vi.gov and a DLCA representative will contact you.
For more information, call the commissioner’s office at 340-713-6916 or 340-725-5129 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Planning and Natural Resources
All public libraries are closed to the public.
Fort Frederik on St. Croix and Fort Christian on St. Thomas are closed to the public.
Pick-up and drop-off services will be available only on Tuesdays and Fridays during regular office hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cashier services will be available from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays only.
For in-person needs other than pick-up or drop-off services, make an appointment by calling 340-773-1082 on St. Croix or 340-774-3320 on St. Thomas.
For more information, visit dpnr.vi.gov.
Department of Property and Procurement
The department’s office at 8201 Sub Base and the Motor Pool at 121 Sub Base closed for 14-day quarantine on August 14 after an employee/patron tested positive for COVID-19.
The Divisions of Printing, Central Stores and Transportation in the St. Thomas District remain closed until further notice.
The department is urging anyone who visited the offices between July 30 and August 13 to self-quarantine.
The Property and Procurement office remains functional, and government agencies, vendors and the public that conduct business with the department should call the St. Croix office at 340-773-1561 or visit the websites at dpp.vi.gov and www.usvileasing.com.
For Division-specific inquiries, send an email to:
- Justification Letters – email@example.com
- Bids & Proposals – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procurement – email@example.com
- Property – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation – email@example.com
- Central Stores – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Printing – email@example.com
- Legal Counsel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations – email@example.com
- IT/Website Help Desk – firstname.lastname@example.org
All offices of the V.I. Elections System are closed territory-wide until further notice.
Application forms for the 2020 General Election are available at the Elections System website at www.vivote.gov.
For more information, call 340-773-1021.
All non-essential services within the Judicial branch are suspended until further notice.
The V.I. Superior Court will continue to use remote hearing protocols for all or most essential or emergency matters, including but not limited to Advice of Rights emergency petitions for Abuse or Neglect, Domestic Violence and Stalking.
For inquiries and/or assistance, use the following numbers:
St. Croix District
- Court Administration – 340-713-6627
- Office of the Clerk of Superior Court – 340-713-6626
- Probation and Pre-trial services – 340-713-6642
St. Thomas-St. John District
- Court Administration – 340-693-4110
- Office of the Clerk of Superior Court – 340-693-6403
- Probation and Pre-trial services – 340-693-6429
- Office of the Clerk of Supreme Court – 340-693-4100
- Office of Bar Admissions – 340-693-4129
- Office of Disciplinary Counsel – 340-693-4127
For submissions of filings to the Superior Court, use these email addresses:
Advice of Rights and Arraignments – email@example.com
Complex Litigation Filings – CLDCourtesyCopy@vicourts.org
ALL Other Filings – firstname.lastname@example.org
Conventional filings will continue to be accepted at Superior Court in both districts and at Supreme Court in both districts.
Office of the Lieutenant Governor
Offices of the Lieutenant Governor will operate from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, and all cashier services will be available from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily until further notice.
- Divisions closed to public access are the V.I. State Health Insurance Program/Medicare and the Divisions of Corporations and Trademarks. For assistance pertaining to these divisions, call the Office of the Lieutenant Governor at 340-773-6449 in the St. Croix District or 340-774-2991 in the St. Thomas-St. John District.
- Divisions with limited public access are the Office of the Tax Assessor; Office of the Tax Collector; the Division of Banking, Insurance and Financial Regulation; and the Passport Division. Customers can visit these offices by appointment only, which can be scheduled by calling 340-773-6449 on St. Croix or 340-7742991 on St. Thomas/St. John.
- Divisions that will allow members of the public to drop off documents for processing but will otherwise be closed to the public are the Recorder of Deeds; Cadastral; and Notary Service. Customers must provide contact information, and they will be notified as their services are completed. Drop off boxes for Cadastral are at the Cadastral offices in each district. The drop off box for Recorder of Deeds for the St. Thomas-St. John District are that the Recorder of Deeds office on St. Thomas. On St. Croix, the drop off box for the Recorder of Deeds will be located at the Office of the Tax Assessor in Christiansted.
Public Services Commission
Walk-in service is restricted until further notice.
All documents can be submitted by calling 340-778-6010 on St. Croix, 340-776-1391 on St. John or 340-776-1291 on St. Thomas.
Utility complaints will be accepted by phone, and more information is available at psc.vi.gov.
Information regarding the scheduling of Commission meetings will be posted on the website.
V.I. Police Department
Central Records Bureau offices, Firearms Bureau offices and fingerprinting services territory-wide are closed until further notice.
Requests for police/traffic reports and background checks can be made via e-mail to email@example.com in the St. Croix District and firstname.lastname@example.org in the St. Thomas-St. John District.
Processing of requests may be delayed; for questions, contact the Central Records Bureau at 340-778-2211 on St. Croix, 340-693-8880 on St. John or 340-774-2211 on St. Thomas.
For more information, or to download forms, go to www.vipd.gov.vi.
V.I. Port Authority
The Virgin Islands Port Authority port facilities and parking lots St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix will operate per usual schedules, and the Territory’s airports and seaports remain open.
Administrative offices also are open, but employees are on staggered work schedules to limit exposure.
Cashiers are open.
Phones are monitored from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
The Human Resources and ID offices will see clients by appointment only at 340-778-1012 in the St. Croix District and 340-774-1629 in the St. Thomas-St. John District or send an email to email@example.com.